Monday, September 13, 2010

The Matrix.

Picked this image due to it being out of focus, something i am infamous for. 
The matrix is a movie that my mother took me to see when i was 11 (twice). The first time i couldn't grip the ideas, or even the story. The second time with a little help from my mum i begun to understand it, it was quite an epiphany for me. The creators clearly had a thing for Jean Baudrillard. Baudrillard seemed to detest the film and distance himself from it. But i believe he misses the point and can not see outside of himself http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/24/opinion/editorial-observer-a-french-philosopher-talks-back-to-hollywood-and-the-matrix.html?pagewanted=1. The point; although at my current age of 22 the ideas does appear over simplistic, at 11 it was a dramatic exposure to complex concepts, lateral thinking and speculative thought.
I think People miss the real power of Christianity. Its power comes its teachings in the bible, not because they are true but because of their ability subvert general thinking, exposing the masses to modes of lateral thinking and speculative thought. Neo's path has some uncanny similarities to that of Jesus, I am not suggesting that this a major influence of just the matrix but that of all out ideas.    


       

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
There is me, then there is you and between us there is a gap. My blogs purpose is to fill this gap plus there will be my artwork and ideas sometimes. Tommy, a piece of me in every home (some day).