Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Marilyn Monroe


I needed something to write a post about and I just couldn't get past the images of Marilyn Monroe. She seemed to know that, in order to achieve a compelling photograph, you need to be able to dramatize aspects of facial expressions, like a caricature. The minuteness of a regular expression doesn't translate to photographs, there isn't enough distance between many. Perhaps this is why there doesn't seem to be a bad photo of her in existence. Unlike models of today, who clearly have no idea of their faces or the performative aspect. She new that the camera can not distinguish when someone is faking it. There isn't a present day model that can stand next to her.        I hear Angelina Jolie may be playing her haha, I really hope not.               

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
There is me, then there is you and between us there is a gap. My blogs purpose is to fill this gap plus there will be my artwork and ideas sometimes. Tommy, a piece of me in every home (some day).